Your application will be sent to MOD (Ministry of Defence) for approval and when the approval is given, you will also receive a copy of the email from MOD.
TRCSL will then send you an invoice for payment to their bank account.
They might ask you to deposit the hard copies of your application and photocopies of the documents at the TRCSL Box, but that is not mandatory. If convenient, do so with the Ref No written at the Top Left Corner of the envelope.
Notice is hereby given of the Annual General Meeting of the Radio Society of Sri Lanka which will be held on Sunday the 14th of March 2021 at 10.30a.m. in the Conference Room of the Otter Aquatic Club 380/1, Bauddhaloka Mawatha Colombo 7. Members who wish to submit any resolutions should submit them to the Hony. Secretary seven days before the date of the AGM.
AGENDA FOR THE AGM
- Reading the Notice convening the AGM of the RSSL.
- Vote of condolence.
- Tabling of messages of excuse
- Reading and adoption of the minutes of the 68th AGM.
- Matters arising out of the minutes
- Reading and adoption of the Annual Report of the administrative year 2019/2020
- Adoption of the Audited Financial Statement of Accounts for the year 2019/2020
- Address by the outgoing President.
- Election of new office bearers for 2020/2021
- Election of Auditor.
- Resolutions to be passed of resolutions of which 7 days notice has been given to the Hony. Secretary
- Address by the New President By the order of the Council of Management
V. A. Gooetilleke 4S7VK
The Radio Society of Sri Lanka.
21st February 2021
Dear Members and Friends,
The Radio Society was founded in 1950 and this year we celebrate 70 years since the founding of the RSSL, The Radio Society of Ceylon became the Radio Society of Sri Lanka with the change of name of the country.
To Commemorate this event, the RSSL requested from the TRCSL the Suffix /70 to be used in the month of December 2020. Therefore all Sri Lankan radio amateur operators are authorized to use 4S5xxx/70, 4S6xxx/70 4S7xxx/70 and any two letter call sign users can also use the /70. Thus 4S7VK/70.
As you know and by now have received , the RSSL also produced a T shirt in White and Blue. Jaliya 4S7JL and Mitsuka and the group went to great lengths to get this produced and also get it to members who ordered it. A big word of thanks to Jaliya and his youthful team.
Honorary Secretary RSSL
Please see the Government Gazette of the 19th June for complete details, which we feature for your convenience. If you need any further clarification you can call me at 0711356113 . Hope those interested will apply. It is best to apply at least for two categories just to make sure. The RSSL will conduct classes after applications close.
Victor Gooetilleke 4S7VK
Hon. Secretary / RSSL
2020-06-19(I-IIA)E Gazette Notification