Information for foreign Radio Amateurs who wish to operate fromSri Lanka.
Your application together with the following support documents should be forwarded to the Director General of Telecommunications, Telecom Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka, 276, Elvitigala Mawatha, Colombo 8. (Fax +94-11-2689341) at least two months before your arrival in Sri Lanka.
- A letter requesting permission to operate in Sri Lankagiving the local address from where you hope to operate and the duration of your stay.
- A copy of your local license ( Please note no Novice class licenses are allowed. Only General class and Advanced class)
- A Police report from your local Police Office failing which any document to certify your good character etc…
- Two guaranters fromSri Lanka(not necessary to be hams) .
- Technical specifications of the equipment you hope to operate.
- Two passport size photographs.
Visit the Telecom Regulatory Commission webpage for guidelines and to download application forms.
A Further Note:
The application received by the Director General of Telecommunications is checked and forwarded to Ministry of Defence whose permission is required to issue a license. This process takes time and hence earlier the better one could foward the application. Once the Defence clearance is received by the DGT, the applicant is informed.
If everything is OK, the license is issued on your arrival and after the applicant submit the general license form in duplicate with the license fee of Rupees 500.
The callsign allocated to foreigners have a three letter suffix with the last letter ‘G’ to indicate a guest operator.