GENERAL MEETING TO BE HELD ON 29TH JUNE 2016 AT 6:00 PM.
1st FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM, THE OTTERS AQUATIC CLUB,
380/1, BAUDDHALOKA MAWATHA, COLOMBO 7.
1. Call the meeting to order
3. Reading the minutes of the General Meeting held on 27th April 2016
4. Amendments to the minutes
5. Matters arising out of previous minutes
6. Table letters/emails received
7. Progress of the year Plan
9. 6M and HF beacons
10. Echo Link
11. Financial report
12. Any other business
Mahinda Abeyawardhane (4S7PA)
19th June 2016
We would like to bring an update regarding the repeaters of the RSSL.
OLIPHANT ESTATE TNL Site Nuwra Eliya
Freq 145.600 -600 Tone access 1750 Hz or even a good whistle . This morning at 2.30 a.m. the RSSL team lead by President Jaliya 4S7JL with Wijay 4S7VJ, Nadika 4S6NCH and Sing 4S6LEO visited the repeater site and replaced a broken antenna and carried out other maintenance work.
Nadika 4S6NCH provided transport in his Land Rover. The repeater is functioning at fairly to good level with the temporary old Diamond FT22 antenna that has replaced the broken FT23. Further repairs will be carried out in the near future.We all owe a big thank you to Jaliya and the team for their service.
YATIYANTOTA: ITN Site 145.625 -600 carrier access. This repeater had been brought down to Colombo for repairs and at the moment is not available for installation which the new administration had made all arrangements to take up to Yatiyantota on Sunday the of 5th June in consultation with custodian Daya 4S7DB. We hope very soon it will be available for installation and for the use of the amateur radio community, which is waiting eagerly.
PIDURUTALAGALA AVIATION SITE: 145.650 -600 carrier accessed. This repeater is functioning with an excellent signal in many parts of the country, but needs little more high power with a directional antenna to access. Work has not been completed to iron out a few issues. In the meantime we urge members to use it as much as possible. I would like to mention the tremendous support extended by the personnel of the Aviation Authority to our installation team lead by Mahinda 4S7PA.
EVENING NET on 145.600 Nuwara Eliya Repeater from today:
9.00 PM RSSL EVENING VHF NET: Since the Yatiyantota repeater has been out of service and under repair the net has been taken intermittently and limited to a radius of about 20 miles from Kelaniya where it is hosted at 4S6TIS’ QTH. Starting today the Net will be taken via the Nuwara Eliya repeater on 145.600 and we urge members who can access Nuwara Eliya to check in.
We wish all our members 73
Mahinda Abeyewardena 4S7PA
Hony. Secretary RSSL
Office Bearers Elected
The 65th Annual General Meeting of the RSSL was held on the 29th of May 2016 in the air conditioned balcony hall of the Otter Aquatic Club, Baudhaloka Mawatha Colombo 7, and the following were elected as Office Bearers.
President :Mr. Jaliya Lokeshwara 4S7JL
1st Vice President :Mr. N. C. Hapuarachchi 4S6NCH
2nd Vice President :Mr. Dammika Fernando 4S7DF
Hony. Secretary :Mr. Mahinda Abeywardhane 4S7PA
Hony. Treasurer : Mr. D. S. B. Sirimanne 4S7DSB
Council Members elected at the 65th AGM
1. Mr. J. T. Wijeratne 4S7VJ
2 Mr. G. V. A. Goonetilleke 4S7VK
3 Mr. Bharath Aponso 4S6ABC
4. Mr. Uthpala Withana 4S7UV
5. Mr. Mahesh Sudharshan 4S6MPM
6. Mr. Kingsly Wimalawanse (Associate Member)
7. Mr. A. S. M. Riyad (Associate Member)
Mr. Vasantha Guruge 4S7VG (Immediate past President)
Mr. Rodney Martenstyn 4S7RM (Immediate past Treasurer)
Auditors : Ratnayake.T.A. & Company
NOTICE OF THE 65TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE RADIO SOCIETY OF SRI LANKA
Notice is hereby given that the 65th Annual General Meeting of the Radio Society of Sri Lanka will be held at 10:00AM on Sunday 29th May 2016 at the Otter Aquatic Club, (1st floor) 380/1, Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 7.
Resolutions, if any, should be submitted to the Honorary Secretary seven (7) days before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
- Reading the notice convening the AGM of the RSSL
- Vote of condolence
- Tabling messages of excuse
- Reading, amendments and adoption of the minutes of the 64th Annual General Meeting
- Matters arising out of the minutes
- Reading and adoption of the annual report for the administrative year 2015/2016
- Adoption of the audited financial statement of accounts for the year 2015/2016
- Address by the out-going President
- Election of new office bearers for 2016/2017
- Election of Auditors
- Election of Company Secretaries
- Resolutions to be passed of which seven days notice was given to the Honorary Secretary.
- Address by the new President
Ekendra Edrisinghe 4S7EF
Radio Society of Sri Lanka
- Lunch at the rate of Rs. 450/- and fellowship will follow soon after the AGM. Those who wish to have lunch served should let me know before Saturday 28th May 2016.
- Soon after the AGM, two vhf transceivers (Yaesu VX-150 & Kenwood TR 2300) will be offered for sale on an “as is basis” to the highest bidders.
- Printed copies of the annual report and audited financial statement will be made available at the meeting. Soft copies are already sent to your email account
It is with much sadness that I inform you that Wasantha Piyasiri 4S5WP passed away today (04-May-2016).
The body will be at Emerald Park, Malabe Road, Kottawa
I have been informed that the funeral will take place at the general cemetery Kottawa at 3:00PM on Friday 6th May 2016
Ekendra Edrisinghe 4S7EF
Honorary Secretary – RSSL