As received from the secretary of IARU Region 3 (Download the PDF IARU-HF-Championship 2016)
The 2016 IARU HF World Championship Contest takes place the second full weekend of July, beginning 1200 UTC Saturday and ending 1200 UTC Sunday (9-10 July 2016). Both Single and Multi operator stations may operate the entire 24-hour period.
All licensed amateurs worldwide are eligible to participate in this contest. The objective of this contest is to contact as many other amateurs as possible,especially IARU member society HQ stations, around the world using the 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meter bands. Multipliers are the total number of ITU zones plus IARU member society HQ stations worked on each band (not mode). Thus, your Society’s HQ stations participation is very important for the multipliers. Last year, we had 9 societies participated in the contest from Region 3, and I hope to hear/work more HQ stations from our region this year.
IARU officials represent a maximum of four multipliers per band (AC, R1, R2 and R3). Our two regional AC members have the option of using “AC” or our regional designator “R3”. Regional EC members who are not AC members must use our designator “R3”.
You can find the complete rules at;
I am planning to participate in this contest with“R3”designator and hope to see you all during the contest.
Enjoy and good luck!
73 de Ken Yamamoto JA1CJP
Secretary, IARU Region 3
The Yatiyantota 2m VHF repeater was struck by lightening.
Arrangements are being made to bring the repeater and all connected equipment to Colombo for a damage assessment and repair.
Members will be updated with progress
The Council of Management decided that the following items will be disposed of at the forthcoming general meeting scheduled for Wednesday 27th April 2016
- ICOM TRX !C-V8 VHF Handheld serial number 2372176
- ICOM TRX !C-V8 VHF Handheld serial number 2372178
- ICOM TRX !C-V8 VHF Handheld serial number 2372179
- ICOM TRX !C-V8 VHF Handheld serial number 2372180
- Yeasu VX-150 Serial number 3K840905
The above VHF handheld transceivers will be sold at Rs 4,000/– each on an “AS IS” condition.
- BAOFENG UV-5R Serial number 1160001025
- BAOFENG UV-5R Serial number 1160001027
- BAOFENG UV-5R Serial number 1160001030
The above VHF handheld transceivers will be sold at Rs 3,000/– each on an “AS IS” condition.
Sealed offers could be submitted to me before 12 noon 27th April 2016 at the address given below or immediately after the general meeting on Wednesday 27th April 2016.
All those who intend making offers, should please bring with them the following documents to enable me to obtain the TRC transfer letters as quickly as possible. Any delay in submitting these documents will mean a delay in obtaining the TRC transfer approval letter.
- Letter of consent (as per draft – Letter of Consent)
- THREE (3) photocopies of your NIC. Must be CLEAR copies.
- Your TRC FILE reference number (looks something like TRC/SM/ATN/00XX/XX)
- Licence Number (please check any correspondence you may have received from the TRC)
- THREE (3) photocopies of pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 17 and 18 of your TRC licence book. Must be CLEAR copies.
Please carefully read and understand the TERMS & CONDITIONS set out below
Terms & conditions
- The decision of the Council of Management on the selection of the successful bidders will be final.
- The transceivers will be offered on a “lucky dip” basis.
- The physical transfer of equipment to successful bidders will depend on receiving TRC/MOD approvals for transfer to the successful bidders.
- Full payment should be made at the time the Council decides on the successful bidders. If the full payment is not paid immediately after selecting the successful bidders, the transceivers will be offered to the next bidder.
- The RSSL will retain the transceivers in their possession until TRC/MOD approval is received.
- If the TRC/MOD refuses to approve the transfer of the equipment to a successful bidder, the money paid will be refunded and no claim on the RSSL whatsoever will be entertained.
- Please indicate CLEARLY the offer amount in words and figures together with the serial number and model of the transceiver you are bidding for.
- Offers will be entertained only from corporate members who have paid their membership dues up to 2016
- A corporate member will be awarded only ONE VHF transceiver
In addition to the above VHF transceivers we have the following additional items for sale at a REASONABLE PRICE per item
|2 Codan mobile antennae
|2 multiband antennae
The equipment can be inspected at;
No: 122/1, Elvitigala Mawatha
on any working day 8.30AM to 2.00PM but by prior appointment.
Please contact Vasanth 4S7VG on 077 753 3020
By order of the Council of Management
Radio Society of Sri Lanka
Ekendra Edrisinghe 4S7EF
Mobile +94 77 77 36701
Home +94 11 27 32462
The updated CALL BOOK 2016 (ver 1.04) has been posted to the RSSL web site today 09-May-2016.
(See the permanent link on the right side or click below)
Kindly check if there are any errors or omissions concerning your details.
A special mention of thanks to SWL Riyad for all the hard work in re-compiling the call book 2016.
73 de Ekendra 4S7EF
It is with much sadness that I write to inform you that Mr. K. Rajaratnam 4S7KR passed away last morning after a period of illness.
His funeral will take place on 20th March 2016.
On behalf of the RSSL I have conveyed our deepest sympathies to;
Mrs Gunadevi Rajaratnam
195/2, Galle Road, Colombo 4
73 de Ekendra 4S7EF
Honorary Secretary – RSSL