The general meeting for the month of November will be held on Wednesday the 30th November 2016 at 6 PM, Venue at the Club Shack, Haig road, Bambalapitiya.
Following is the Agenda for the meeting.
- Call the meeting to order
- Reading the minutes of the General Meeting held on 29th October 2016
- Amendments to the minutes
- Matters arising out of previous minutes
- Repeaters & Beacons
- Echo Link
- Financial report
- Any other business
Mahinda Abeyawardhane 4S7PA
Hony. Secretary RSSL
This month general meeting will be held on Saturday the 29th October 2016 AT 3:30 PM at the Club shack at Haig Road Bambalapitiya. This decision was taken in order to give our out station members an opportunity to participate and also for some of our members who finds it’s difficulty to attend during weeks working days. every ones presence very much appreciated.
Agenda of the meeting is already circulated via email and also attached here. Please await the last month meeting minutes.
Mahinda Abeyawardhane 4S7PA
The Radio Society has been informed that the 5 Words Per Minute (5WPM) Morse Test for Advanced Class will be conducted at the TRCSL Auditorium on the 08th of November 2016 (9.00AM.) Those candidates who have passed the Advance class exam will be informed by the TRCSL.
In the mean time anyone, be they 4S5 or 4S6 and also those who want to sit the RAE examination at a future date can also take the Morse test, by paying the examination fee. They should immediately contact Assistant Director Mr. Ganeshamoorthi at the TRCSL.
Usually this Morse Test is Part II for advanced Class candidates. The advantage of doing the test by those who plan to sit the exam at a future date, is that the moment the theory results are released, they will have their Morse requirement already completed.
The RSSL has been conducting Morse Classes in the club shack at Haig Road and those who want to avail themselves of these classes should contact 4S7VJ Wijay 071151 4498. There is no free other than being a paid up member of the RSSL.
COUNCIL OF MANAGEMENT
21st October 2016
THE ECHO LINK IS BACK ON THE RSSL PIDURUTALAGALA REPEATER
Full credit goes to Amaranath Chandrasiri 4S6ACN for developing the Rasbury Pi unit to install and connect the rssl Pidurutalagala repeater to the Echolink. It took Amaranath a few days of hard work to develop it with help from Jayantha 4S5SC and Nadika 4S6NCH. It is still in the demonstration stage but for all intents and purposes ‘done’. AMARANATH IS OFFERING the developed software as an ISO file to anyone anywhere in the world who needs it, absolutely free. If you provide him your details such as callsign he will even pre configure the software for you. You can contact him at –email@example.com. We strongly believe that “knowledge is for sharing”
The Echolink is connected 24×7 and you can contact stations via the Piduru repeater. Listen out on the repeater and you will hear stations calling. Wait till they finish calling and the repeater carrier drops and call the station, and once you let your PTT off after calling remember to allow approximately 8 seconds for the other party to get connected. If you press the PTT or call again before those 8 seconds, the Echolink will not get connected.
Enjoy making QSOs and thank those who do this work for you.
RSSL council of management
This communiqué is to brief every one about the implementation of the recently adopted resolution to revise the membership fees on certain categories of the Radio Society of Sri Lanka (RSSL).
As for the adopted resolution the revised membership fees as follows:
Joining fee for Associate and Corporate members – Rs. 1,000/- No change
Annual fee for Associate members – Rs. 300/- reduced from 600
Annual fee for Corporate members – Rs. 600/- reduced from 1200
Life membership – Rs. 25,000/- No change
Student membership – Rs. 100/- No change
According to the council decision implementation of the above changes and the procedure as follows:
- All current members who have paid membership fees for the year 2016 will carry forward their validity of membership till 31st March 2017 in order to commence subscription from next financial year beginning 1st April 2017 according to the articles.
- All current members who have paid membership fees for the year 2016 can renew their membership fees for year 2017/2018 ONLY by paying Rs.600/- .
- Revised membership fee structure is effective from 1st October 2016.
- All members who are in arrears will be given an amnesty to pay the respective amounts before 31st December 2016 to become a current member and carry forward their validity of membership till 31st March 2017 in order to commence subscription from next financial year beginning 1st April 2017 according to the articles. The amnesty is as follows.
- 4.1 All corporate members who are not current, irrespective of number of years in arrears, can regain membership by paying Rs.600/- ONLY without having to pay two years arrears as at present.
- 4.2 All associate members who are not current, irrespective of number of years in arrears, can regain membership by paying Rs.300/- ONLY without having to pay two years arrears as at present.
- 4.3 All student members who are not current, irrespective of number of years in arrears, can regain membership by paying Rs.100/- ONLY without having to pay two years arrears as at present.
- The amnesty period is valid ONLY up to 31st December 2016 and from 1st January 2017 any one in arrears will have to pay subscription for past two years and for the current year as well.
- New members joining in needs to pay Joining fee plus current membership fee according to the category.
- Subscription fees will be accepted for the current year and the following year ONLY and cannot be extended for number of years ahead at current rates.
- Subscriptions will fall due on beginning of the financial year. At present 1st April to following year 31st March.
Mahinda Abeyawardhane, 4S7PA