RSSL is planning to have the Lighthouse Event at 3 below locations this year.
- Talei Mannar Lighthouse
- Dondra Lighthouse
- Galle Lighthouse
In order to arrange permission and other logistics, RSSL is requesting it’s members to send in their preferred location to the Hon. Secretary as soon as possible. This can be sent via SMS to his cellphone 0715335818 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The general meeting for the month of June will be held on Wednesday the 28th June 2017 at the club shack, Haig road, Bambalapitiya starting at 6 PM.
The Agenda for the meeting and the minutes is already circulated by email.
The 66th Annual General Meeting of the RSSL was held on the 4th of June 2017 in the air conditioned balcony hall of the Otter Aquatic Club, Baudhaloka Mawatha Colombo 7, and the following were elected as Office Bearers for 2017/2018.
President :Mr. Bharath Aponso 4S6ABC
1st Vice President :Mr. Nihal De Abrew 4S5NDA
2nd Vice President :Mr. Kamal Edirisinghe 4S7AB
Hony. Secretary :Mr. Cristy Perera 4S6CPT
Hony. Treasurer : Mr. J.T.Wijeratne 4S7VJ
Council Members elected at the 66th AGM
- Mr. N.C.Hapuarachi 4S6NCH
- Mr. A.S.M.Riyad 4S6RYD
- Mr. Mahesh Sudharshan 4S6MPM
- Mr. Uthpala Withana 4S7UV
- Mr. Chaminda Dissanayake 4S6CBD
- Associate Member Ranil Hematha
- Associate Member Kingsley Wimalawansa
Mr. Jaliya Lokeshwara 4S7JL (Immediate past President)
Mr. Mahinda Abeyawardhane 4S7PA (Immediate past Secretary)
Mr. D.S.B.Sirimanne 4S7DSB (Immediate past Treasurer)
Auditors : Ratnayake.T.A. & Company
Company Secretaries : CIB Secretarial Services (Pvt) Ltd
- VHF net coordinator – Chaminda Dissnayaka-4S6CBD
- HF & 6M beacon Coordinator – Kamal Edirisinghe-4S7AB
- IARU Coordinator – Kamal Edirisinghe-4S7AB
- Echo Link Coordinator- Nadika Hapuarachi-4S6NCH.
- Website Manager – Kamal Edirisinghe-4S7AB
- QSL Manager – Uthpala Withana-4S7UV
- RSSL PO BOX Collector – Cristy Perera-4S6CPT.
- Awards Manager -Kamal Edirisinghe-4S7AB
- RSSL shack Custodian -Barath Aponso 4S6ABC and J.T. Wijerathne 4S7VJ
- TRC ,MOD and other government Departments – Cristy Perera-4S6CPT.
- Repeater Maintenance – Jayantha 4S5SC , Dilshan 4S6DLN, J.T. Wijerathne 4S7VJ and Kamal Edirisinghe 4S7AB.
- Training & Development – J.T. Wijerathne 4S7VJ, K K G Kulasekara – 4S7KG
- JOTA, Lighthouse, Fox hunt, Workshops & other social events – Jaliya Lokeswara – 4S7JL
- Emergency situation (National Disasters) – Nadika Hapuarachi – 4S6NCH.
The world by now is aware of the horrendous floods and mudslides that have ravaged the Southern parts of Sri Lanka. In the Tsunami of December 26th of 2004 there was no disaster management agency in Sri Lanka, and it came as a subject of the Ministry of Social Services. However, after the Tsunami a Ministry of Disaster Management was created and a separate organization as the Disaster Management Centre was formed. This centre was equipped with early warning systems, communications systems even with VHF repeaters and loud hailers to warn of Tsunamis and such. The Radio Society of Sri Lanka took part in the initial stages of its creation and offered whatever we as the RSSL could do to support the DMC. The RSSL always assured the DMC of our cooperation at any point. Continue reading THE RADIO SOCIETY OF SRI LANKA – RESPONSE TO THE FLOOD DISASTER 28th-30th MAY 2017
ARRL has published a news item about the RSSL members involvement in assisting to establish and managing a emergency communication link during the recent southwertern flood which caused distruptions to peoples life and as well as communitcations.
Please click below to read in full.