Team:- 4S7VJ, 4S7JL, 4S6ABC, 4S5TNT, SWL-Singh
Transport:- Transport supplied by Bharath-4S6ABC with his 4WD double cab.
Colombo to TNL:- We left Colombo at around 6 am of Sunday, 18th Nov.2012 and reached the TNL site at about 12 noon. The last 2kms of the approach road is very bad. It is impossible to reach the TNL site without a 4WD vehicle. Special thanks go to Bharath for providing transport.
Installation of the repeater:- We installed the repeater with a power supply of 12v battery, battery charger, duplexer, Lightning surge protector for the power supply and a Lightning surge protector for the transmission line.
Antenna:- We removed the old antenna (Diamond 2-section vertical collinear) and installed a Diamond F23 (3-section vertical collinear). We checked signals from various locations to locate the antenna having obtained signal reports from the following stations and finally installed in the best location. It is about 30 ft West of the earlier location. The old GI pipe (1.5” 20ft) was still in good condition.
Stations who Assisted with signal reports:-
- 4S6MHM, Malaka from Matale 58/58
- 4S7VK, Victor from Piliyandala 56/56
- 4S5NCH, Nadika from Malabe
- 4S6WAS, Senarath from Negombo
- 4S6RAV, Ravi Sumithraarachchi 58/58
- 4S7PK, Pathme from Dambadeniya 59/59
- 4S7LF, Leo from Bandarawela 59/59
- 4S5SIE, Sudesh from Meegallawa 59/59
- 4S7SKR, Mario from Matara 58/44 (he received us 58, we received him 44)
- 4S7CF, Calvin from Bambalapitiya 57/44
- 4S5CPB , Chandima Basnayaka from Dematagoda 55/55
- 4S6PRN, Tharaka from Kadugannawa 43/43
- 4S7KG, Kule from Nawala 53/53
- 4S5SN, Suranga from Wanduramba 33/11, received our signal with 3/3 but we could’t hear him.
- 4S7SA, Siri from Baddegama 55/11 (we couldn’t hear him at all)
Equipment Installed at the Repeater Site:-
- Repeater (Make:-TP Radio, Type:- 622B, S/N:- F4583) repaired by Malaka
- Duplxer (WACOM – WP639 S/N: 7982)
- Battery (12V,45Ah, Exide-Ultra Type:- 55B24BR, S/N:- 20651)
- Charger ( 0.3A, 0.5A, 2A constructed by 4S7VJ)
- Lightning surge protector for power supply (OVR-T2-15-275) given by
- Lightning surge protector for transmission line (Diamond SP 1000)
- Antenna, (Diamond F-23) removed from Yati-repeater and repaired by 4S7VJ
TNL staff:- Mr. Jayasena and Mr. Chandana were very helpful and made all arrangements for our overnight stay at night at the repeater site . Thy offered their rooms to us, including heaters. Our thanks to TNL CEO Mr. Shan Wickramasinghe for accommodating the RSSL repeater and Vasantha Guruge 4S7VG for coordinating everything.
Jayasiri Wijeratne – 4S7VJ