The updated CALL BOOK 2016 (ver 1.04) has been posted to the RSSL web site today 09-May-2016.
(See the permanent link on the right side or click below)
Kindly check if there are any errors or omissions concerning your details.
A special mention of thanks to SWL Riyad for all the hard work in re-compiling the call book 2016.
73 de Ekendra 4S7EF
Office Bearers Elected
The 65th Annual General Meeting of the RSSL was held on the 29th of May 2016 in the air conditioned balcony hall of the Otter Aquatic Club, Baudhaloka Mawatha Colombo 7, and the following were elected as Office Bearers.
President :Mr. Jaliya Lokeshwara 4S7JL
1st Vice President :Mr. N. C. Hapuarachchi 4S6NCH
2nd Vice President :Mr. Dammika Fernando 4S7DF
Hony. Secretary :Mr. Mahinda Abeywardhane 4S7PA
Hony. Treasurer : Mr. D. S. B. Sirimanne 4S7DSB
Council Members elected at the 65th AGM
1. Mr. J. T. Wijeratne 4S7VJ
2 Mr. G. V. A. Goonetilleke 4S7VK
3 Mr. Bharath Aponso 4S6ABC
4. Mr. Uthpala Withana 4S7UV
5. Mr. Mahesh Sudharshan 4S6MPM
6. Mr. Kingsly Wimalawanse (Associate Member)
7. Mr. A. S. M. Riyad (Associate Member)
Mr. Vasantha Guruge 4S7VG (Immediate past President)
Mr. Rodney Martenstyn 4S7RM (Immediate past Treasurer)
Auditors : Ratnayake.T.A. & Company
NOTICE OF THE 65TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF THE RADIO SOCIETY OF SRI LANKA
Notice is hereby given that the 65th Annual General Meeting of the Radio Society of Sri Lanka will be held at 10:00AM on Sunday 29th May 2016 at the Otter Aquatic Club, (1st floor) 380/1, Bauddhaloka Mawatha, Colombo 7.
Resolutions, if any, should be submitted to the Honorary Secretary seven (7) days before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
- Reading the notice convening the AGM of the RSSL
- Vote of condolence
- Tabling messages of excuse
- Reading, amendments and adoption of the minutes of the 64th Annual General Meeting
- Matters arising out of the minutes
- Reading and adoption of the annual report for the administrative year 2015/2016
- Adoption of the audited financial statement of accounts for the year 2015/2016
- Address by the out-going President
- Election of new office bearers for 2016/2017
- Election of Auditors
- Election of Company Secretaries
- Resolutions to be passed of which seven days notice was given to the Honorary Secretary.
- Address by the new President
Ekendra Edrisinghe 4S7EF
Radio Society of Sri Lanka
- Lunch at the rate of Rs. 450/- and fellowship will follow soon after the AGM. Those who wish to have lunch served should let me know before Saturday 28th May 2016.
- Soon after the AGM, two vhf transceivers (Yaesu VX-150 & Kenwood TR 2300) will be offered for sale on an “as is basis” to the highest bidders.
- Printed copies of the annual report and audited financial statement will be made available at the meeting. Soft copies are already sent to your email account
It is with much sadness that I inform you that Wasantha Piyasiri 4S5WP passed away today (04-May-2016).
The body will be at Emerald Park, Malabe Road, Kottawa
I have been informed that the funeral will take place at the general cemetery Kottawa at 3:00PM on Friday 6th May 2016
Ekendra Edrisinghe 4S7EF
Honorary Secretary – RSSL
As received from the secretary of IARU Region 3 (Download the PDF IARU-HF-Championship 2016)
The 2016 IARU HF World Championship Contest takes place the second full weekend of July, beginning 1200 UTC Saturday and ending 1200 UTC Sunday (9-10 July 2016). Both Single and Multi operator stations may operate the entire 24-hour period.
All licensed amateurs worldwide are eligible to participate in this contest. The objective of this contest is to contact as many other amateurs as possible,especially IARU member society HQ stations, around the world using the 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meter bands. Multipliers are the total number of ITU zones plus IARU member society HQ stations worked on each band (not mode). Thus, your Society’s HQ stations participation is very important for the multipliers. Last year, we had 9 societies participated in the contest from Region 3, and I hope to hear/work more HQ stations from our region this year.
IARU officials represent a maximum of four multipliers per band (AC, R1, R2 and R3). Our two regional AC members have the option of using “AC” or our regional designator “R3”. Regional EC members who are not AC members must use our designator “R3”.
You can find the complete rules at;
I am planning to participate in this contest with“R3”designator and hope to see you all during the contest.
Enjoy and good luck!
73 de Ken Yamamoto JA1CJP
Secretary, IARU Region 3
The Yatiyantota 2m VHF repeater was struck by lightening.
Arrangements are being made to bring the repeater and all connected equipment to Colombo for a damage assessment and repair.
Members will be updated with progress